Monday, October 29, 2012

Mina Bakery, Fairfield

I've been in this area for the past four months, walked past these places daily. Everytime I felt up for trying something new, this place was already closed. Last weekend I finally went for it and tried one of their pizzas.

  I only know oregano by the overwhelming smell of opening the container of dried oregano leaves to sprinkle into my pasta sauce. 


I walk past this same menu twice (or more) a day, and am always amazed at the price... $1.50 for an oregano pizza? that's ridiculous.

I pranced in, the interior was very simple. A few tables and chairs to sit and eat, and condiments along the wall of each table.


There was a picture menu below too. Good idea.

And already baked goods ready to sell at the window display.

I need to try one of their meaty dishes one day.

I ordered one oregano pizza to take away. I waited about 7 minutes for them to bake the pizza.

Sitting at the table patiently waiting :3. Hi condiments.

 Home sweet home, kinda excited to rip into this!

It was massive! The size of a lebanese flat bread. A bit more than 30cm wide.

Smells good and still hot!

Greeny goodness... Doesn't look too appetising..

I ripped myself a quarter.

It was sprinkled with sesame seeds, oil i think and other herbs.

The bread is amazing. I could snack on this all day.

I feel like I'm in minecraft discovering the depths of this foreign land.

The oregano pizza was yummy! Half of it filled me up. Today I had gone to Merrylands - the same bakery, different location, their oregano pizza was delicious -gosh.. I thought the Fairfield one was good! It had a ting of lemon in it. I can't wait to come back on the weekend to order one of their meaty dishes! Nom.

Mina Bakery
9/11 Ware Street
Fairfield NSW 2165
(02) 9723 8460

4 comments:

  1. i loveee oregano pizza!! so cheap and filling! but waiting 7 min was long though...usually it takes a lot less than that, but yeah :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to merrylands and they handed it to me in a minute. They were cooking other pizzas I think! There's two ovens.... ahahahaa I duno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I went past this bakery the other day, haha! You make the oregano pizza seem so appetising~ Can't wait to try it myself! Plus maybe the cheese one too, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the one at Merrylands my love! So muuuuch better! I can't wait to try their whole menu this break :D

      Delete